Pillaging Aircraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pillaging Aircraft

Is there any known way to allow aircraft, such as bombers, to pillage?

-LaMarseillaise

Sorry, AFAIK, no.
    Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
    Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

Nope - ToT Helicopters flying over bonus villages is as close as we will get.

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
      http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

And if you make it a landunit?

Comment

The reason I wanted to know was so that I could make bombers capable of doing something more closely resembling strategic bombing, like was done in World War II, as well as destroying roads to hinder enemy movement. As it is, they can only attack ground units.

I remember once experimenting with giving a bomber the spy tag, but I do not remember the results. This has limitations, as well.

-LaMarseillaise

Comment

For using a spy unit as a strategic bomber, check out the following post.

Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
            Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

Just popping in. I'm not using my computer with Civ2 on it so I can't test, but can Domain 3 units pillage? You'd face problems with AEGIS and SAMS not being supported and ground units being able to attack them, among other things, but it's a thought, and that useful little glitch is often overlooked in my experience.

EDIT: Nope, I checked and they can't, at least not in FW. Sorry.
              Last edited by Elok; October 3, 2008, 22:06.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

In the scenario I created (not yet posted), I make some bombers capable of "pillaging", or destroying buidings instead of units, by making them spies. Unless the spies are James Bond, it always seemed to me that they were too powerful. Changing the graphics from a spy to an advanced bomber can be easily done.

The bombers also acquire the ability to drop a nuke (a la the Enola Gay) again resembling the real world. I give the bomber a paradrop feature so that (as a land unit) it can hop over water. Like WWII in the Pacific this increases the importance of having airbases to increase the range of the planes.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                X