sprite override?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sprite override?

I have always just put my ToT sprites in a holding folder to keep them from overriding the units while playing scenarios. I know that Catfish solved the problem, so that a holding folder is not required. Can anyone remind me what the technique is?

This is the last thing I need to do before releasing Red October v2.0. Thanks.
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Re: sprite override?

Originally from the Catfish's site
    Hex-editing: The offsets for the two lockout options are variable, but their location can be determined by finding the scenario name string near the end of the SCN file. The two bytes that precede this string contain the scenario parameters settings. To disable the Terrain animation lockout option, subtract 0x80 from the first of these bytes. To disable the Unit animation lockout option, subtract 0x01 from the second of these bytes.
    I hope it's what you need.
    I find it in "Converting FW/MGE Scenarios to the ToT Format" guide.

Comment

Disabling the animation lockouts isn't the solution - in fact, if they actually worked properly, you'd want them enabled. Those parameters can be set in the Cheat menu anyway; the hex-editing method is simpler and faster for converting SCN files. The lockouts serve no useful purpose and should be ignored.

This is the article you want:

There's no hex-editing required here. My guess is you're using no custom sprites (Case 1 in the article), so that means setting all of the .SPR file overrides in column G of the @UNITS_ADVANCED table to 1 and including the dummy resource.spr file (link in article) with your scenario.

Put all your sprites back in the Original folder; that way you can tell if you've done it correctly. That goes for all ToT scenario designers.
      Catfish's Cave - Resources for Civ2: Test of Time | Test of Time FAQ | War of the Ring scenario

Comment

Brilliant! Thanks.
        Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Thanks! I just reinstalled ToT on my XP laptop. I will be trying this very shortly.
          "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Working...
          X