Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In need of: early Asian + hypothetical late native American units!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In need of: early Asian + hypothetical late native American units!

I am compiling a collection of unit graphics for a project... that has nothing to do with civ (at least, not yet...)

The idea is to have a couple of different graphics for each culture, for each age, up to the medieval age (after that, one style begins to take over). As you can see from the attached pic, I'm spoilt for choice when it comes to European and Middle-Eastern graphics, some wonderful stuff by talented artists on this very forum. But after trawling through the threads on my poor low-speed connection, I can't find any early Asian or hypothetical late native-American units

I wonder if anyone can help me? I've not been lurking here for a while. Are there any new scenarios or work-in-progress I could steal graphics from? I want to keep everything in the same style. I've found some older graphics for Tang Chinese, but they now seem out of place with the rest of the units, since standards are improving all the time .

Worst case scenario is some more clumsy cutting-and-pasting to make the missing units. I won't take any credit myself of course!

Thanks in advance for any help

EDIT:
    Picture didn't attach I've uploaded to photobucket here: (please click for big version!)

I'm sorry, but I can't help. That's a great collection of existing units, though. It sounds like an interesting project.
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Thanks

Well I've been attempting to put together some more asian units today. I started off with just minor edits (of Fairline units I think) then got a bit more adventurous...

Native american stuff is what I need now!

Comment

Looks good! Have you checked all the GFX categories of the SL wiki?

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
        http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Those mods are really good Daftpanzer. Always like seing new units, especially of this quality
          SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
          SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
          SL INFORMATION THREAD
          CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

Looks good! Have you checked all the GFX categories of the SL wiki?
            I didn't know about that! Followed the link in you sig... WOW. THANX!!!

I thought I'd seen most of the recent works after trawling the threads here, but I see I've missed out lots. At first glance I've found lots more wonderful asian units to fill the gaps!

Those mods are really good Daftpanzer. Always like seing new units, especially of this quality
            Thanks I've been fiddling with civ graphics since about 1996. I'm still learning though Note the triple-jointed arm of one of those axe-wielding guys above

Comment

Excellent! Hope the SL wiki fills the gaps in your great roll-call of units there!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
              http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by curtsibling
                Excellent! Hope the SL wiki fills the gaps in your great roll-call of units there!

Its great, I now have as many Chinese/Japanese units as European ones I remember reading that Fairline had revisted his old japanese units, but never found them - great to see those ones too. I also spotted a couple of my earlier conversion/mixing efforts there, I'm extremely honoured

One question about the units page - are there supposed to be lots of blank spaces on the ancient and medieval pages, or am I missing something?

Anyway, I still need native american graphics. At some point I'm going to have a go at making a load of hypothetical units, mixing up Fairline's aztecs and musket-armed iroquois with other stuff. I'll post the results and maybe make them into a more useable format if anyone wants

Comment

I posted the files with the missing units. It is my intention to add the units at some point and re-upload the files under the same name to save space on the server. I used the DBA Online sites system to categorize units into eras.
                  SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                  SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
                  SL INFORMATION THREAD
                  CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

Just wondering, what do you think of this guy:

@McMonkey, thanks for clearing that up!

Comment

WIP:

Comment

Working...
                      X