Civ2 Expansion Manuals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ2 Expansion Manuals

As part of "Civilization II Multiplayer Gold", the scenarios from "Conflicts in Civilization" and "Fantastic Worlds" are included in the Civilization Chronicles collection. I cannot find the manuals for these expansions. I have looked both in the game directories and on the disk that should include all the pdf manuals. (The manuals for the main games as well as Civ2 Test of Time and the two Civ3 expansions are there. Only those for the Civ2 expansions are missing.) Do you have any idea where I could look? Do we have any documentation about the scenarios on this site?

I've never been much of a scenario player, but after all these years I thought I might at least look at some of them.

I have the FW manual. What would you like to know?

The only FW scenario I've played is the age of reptiles. As far as I could remember, this was fairly straight forward and was easy to play, even without the documentation.

RJM
    Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

I think that the scenarii in CC & FW and in MGE edition are the same.
      In MGE manual there is about 40 pages descriving main scenarii.
      But reading the txt files and consulting menus in the game are sufficient to play.
      JCP
      Paris, FRANCE

Comment

Thank you both!

rjmatsleepers, I am planning to play the American Independence scenario and looking for more background information about the gameplay changes there. Should I move on to Fantastic Worlds, I'll keep Age of Reptiles in mind.

JCP, I'm afraid the MGE manual as you describe it was not included in Chronicles. There's the Civ2 manual which is the same as my printed one from the classic version, and there's the Test of Time manual which has lots of additional information about the three additional worlds, multiplayer, modding, but not about the CC & FW scenarios. Thanks for mentioning the text files. I see that there's a pedia.txt file in the independence scenario folder, so I'll probably get all the information I need from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Verrucosus
          Thank you both!

rjmatsleepers, I am planning to play the American Independence scenario and looking for more background information about the gameplay changes there. Should I move on to Fantastic Worlds, I'll keep Age of Reptiles in mind.
          I'm afraid the American Indeendance scenario does not seem to be part of FW so I can't help you with the gameplay. I recollect playing a scenario based on the revolutionary war, but I don't remember whos scenario it was. In anycase, my attitude tends to be "only read the manual when all else fails".

RJM
          Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Working...
          X