Things that I have never noticed in TOT scens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things that I have never noticed in TOT scens

Does anyone have the explanations or comments about the following observations regarding TOT?

A. In TOT, unlike MGE, air bases do not function as railroads.

B. If a scen folder is in the main TOT folder in Program Files, a PILLAGE order brings up the relevant parts of the usual pillage menu

Farmland
    Irrigation
    Mining
    Airbase
    Transporter
    Fortress
    Railroad
    Road

and everything is copacetic.

However, if the scen folder is on Desktop, there is no options popup and the following happens. Partisans appear to start at the bottom of the menu and first pillage Roads. All other units seem to work from the top of the menu and first pillage Farmland. Can this be fixed by adding one or more files to the scen folder? I really dislike to alter the main TOT folder in any fashion.
    Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
    Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Very strange! Is there any application for this in gameplay?
    http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
    http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

If what I posted is correct, then designers don't need to concern themselves about players using air bases as RR's. Also, in any TOT version of RF or other scens where the pillaging of roads might be a useful tactic, players would be well advised to have the scen folder in the main TOT folder.

I would really appreciate if someone would check the correctness of my observations.
      Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
      Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

I believe the airbase rail effect was intentional since it was an exploit in MGE.

Comment

Working...
        X