Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbarian questions

I was looking at Will Keenan's paper

and noticed that my experiences don't quite match up to his. Have there been changes since Will did his work?

When barbarians (deity level, raging hordes) demand a bribe to leave a city alone they seem to ask for almost every bit of gold I have. They've asked for 18,900 of my 18,913 and for 20,400 of my 20,436. I've found it easier to just recapture the city afterwards.

Also, I've seen stacks of as many as 61 units in the same game. I was wondering if that was abnormal.

The frequency of peasant revolts seems to be related to the happiness of the empire. Is that a correct view or just a misperception?

The index at coc.apolyton.net dates the paper November 18th, 2002. To my knowledge, there were no upgrades to Civ2 after that date.

In my experience, 61 units seems abnormal, but I do not usually play with raging hordes.

Comment

61 is not abnormal.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Re: Barbarian questions

Originally posted by civiijkw
        When barbarians (deity level, raging hordes) demand a bribe to leave a city alone they seem to ask for almost every bit of gold I have. They've asked for 18,900 of my 18,913 and for 20,400 of my 20,436. I've found it easier to just recapture the city afterwards.
        It's their usual behavior.
        If you have some money, you have to reject the offer : a barbarian city is easy to bribe, and if your town is large, you gain a lot of NONE partisans.
        JCP
        Paris, FRANCE

Comment

Working...
        X