Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone tried this patch?

Hello all,

I've been an avid player of Civ2 a long time ago, but stopped playing because the game got 'old' for me .

One of the main 'gripes' I had with the engine was that once you grew larger the true sense of achievement faded. Mainly the limits on number of cities, population and funds made it silly to keep playing for an extended period. Of course, by the time I reached 320.000.000 ppl the challenge had left already - but I'm one of those buggers who just like to grow (indefinately).. heh.

Today I was browsing the Apol.site and came across a novel patch that removes just these limits.
    I'm talking about the so called "No-limits Add-on (ToT)" by Julius Brenzaida.

Has anyone else tried this modified .exe? If so, does it really work?
    Are there quirks or bugs that are needed to know?

Please tell me.. I'm anxious to take a break from Quake3 and Diablo 2 , and I'd like to polish up my Civ skills (ahum).

Thanks alot all!

Mr. Smiley

I've installed it (after the official MPS patch version 1.1) and I don't have any complaints now. The main reason I wanted this patch for was to be able to costumize randomly generated gigamaps on startup of a new game. One disadvanatage when using gigamaps is that the game engine might be slowed down on older computers, another thing is:
    Mainly the limits on number of cities...
    The only thing you should keep in mind is that this patch won't remove the city limit (the other limits you mentioned should be bypassed, though).
    Civilization Webring Forum

Comment

Working...
    X