Finally an MP Tot game gets started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally an MP Tot game gets started

After having this game for eons I finally got to play a multiplayer game .
    On saturday night while Finbar, Alexanders Horse and Deity where holding each others hands instead of playing civ, I was left to play single player, when out of nowhere came a knock on ICQ, a person going by the name of saturn wanted to know if I would play TOT . YES YES YES
    We played Saturday night , continued Sunday night, I hope this game goes to the end
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

This is the standard game I take it Hydey?
    I think you're supposed to be able to mplay all but the extended game.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by ravagon on 04-17-2001 03:59 AMI think you're supposed to be able to mplay all but the extended game.

I have found out that if you start a single player, EXTENDED GAME; then save the game on your first turn (before doing ANYTHING); you can then load this "saved game" in the multiplayer mode and actually be playing a Multiplayer Extended Game.

However, when you save your game while in single player, save it as ".net" and NOT as ".sav" (the default value for single player games). The ".net" is the default value to indicate Multiplayer saved games.

The only problem with this work around is that the other human players you want to play with only have the choice to pick one of the AI civilizations which were originally saved from the single player game. So basically the host, when he/she first starts the single player game, chooses the various nationalities of the AIs. Then when the game is save in the multiplay format (.net), the other human players choose from the AI's originally picked by the host. Yes, this is a minor inconvenience, but it is a way to have a Multiplayable Extended Game

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Wittlich on 04-20-2001 01:23 PM

The only problem with this work around is that the other human players you want to play with only have the choice to pick one of the AI civilizations which were originally saved from the single player game. So basically the host, when he/she first starts the single player game, chooses the various nationalities of the AIs. Then when the game is save in the multiplay format (.net), the other human players choose from the AI's originally picked by the host. Yes, this is a minor inconvenience, but it is a way to have a Multiplayable Extended Game

you could find out which civs they all want and choose the correct civs at start up, this should make everyone happy

------------------
        Slip into the cinema
        Give yourselp a treat
        You better take your raincoat
        We'll be sneaky on the seats
        The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

quote:

I have found out that if you start a single player, EXTENDED GAME; then save the game on your first turn (before doing
          ANYTHING); you can then load this "saved game" in the multiplayer mode and actually be playing a Multiplayer
          Extended Game.

Does this actually solve the Endgame Override bug and allow you to continue playing post landing on AC?

[Edit: Darned quotes ]
          [Edit: And again!]
          [This message has been edited by ravagon (edited April 23, 2001).]
          [This message has been edited by ravagon (edited April 23, 2001).]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by ravagon on 04-23-2001 08:06 AM
            [QUOTE] Does this actually solve the Endgame Override bug and allow you to continue playing post landing on AC?

Now that I do not know. I never played the game to the point of arriving at Alpha Centauri (always got side-tracked into starting either a new game or an entirely different game). Hmmm, there should be a way to solve the Endgame Override since it does in the Extended Single Player game...but, again, I never addressed it before.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Hydey on 04-15-2001 07:12 PM
              After having this game for eons I finally got to play a multiplayer game .
              On saturday night while Finbar, Alexanders Horse and Deity where holding each others hands instead of playing civ, I was left to play single player, when out of nowhere came a knock on ICQ, a person going by the name of saturn wanted to know if I would play TOT . YES YES YES
              We played Saturday night , continued Sunday night, I hope this game goes to the end

Hydey,
              Does ToT move any faster than MPG? I bought MPG since no one seems to play ToT MP , I got into a game and was astounded at the length of time it takes. I gave myself 4 hours one weekend afternoon thinking that would get a good start on a game. Well, the first hour was spent getting organized and restarting, and restarting, and restarting..... Finally I got to move and then 10 minutes later got to move again. Well, it quickly became apparent that 4 hours was nowhere near enough time. ....and restarted, and switched hosts, and restarted. All the players I played with were very nice and patient with me as a newbie. But wow, this is a game for the loooong haul. This is something that requires much drinking to pass the time, and Windows for multi-tasking.
              Here's a link.

Comment

Hydey you slut! So THIS is where you have been hiding

------------------
                Founder, Dear Leader and Great Helmsman of PROT -the People's Republic of Topics www.delphi.com/prot1

Comment

I am interested in playing a ToT multiplay... I'm a newbie on the multiplay. Is the connection speed to the internet of big influence? I assume the dataflux is not too big...

McM

Comment

Working...
                  X