Civil War Dillema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civil War Dillema

Im Germany and had controll of Italy , Spain and Was moving on the mongols but that is history. The Vikings Decided to Nuke Berlin....THen land Paratroops in it. Now Shortly afterwords My Civ split into 2 different
    Factions (carthage and americans)Anyway this game is ruined but im still struggling to unite my civ. Why the Hell Does this Happen , What Factors cause a Civil War?
    ---------------------------------
    Also I gotta Huge Problem......I wanna Play on a Europe map with Europe Countries Only , and it is impossible !
    after selecting "Select Computer opponent" option under the Custom Rules.
    Because Standerd picks the Chinese and Persians to Play on Euro map !

Example

Pick a Computer Player
    1) Random
    2)Germans
    3)French
    4)Romans

I only get to chose 1 of these Ai Opponents ! and then it goes on to another 3 ! This has to be the stupidest Mistake The designers could have made. Any Solutions? Ive looked combed through the files , does anyone know of a .txt or dll i must modify? so i can get European Civs On the European Continent
    [This message has been edited by Steve5304 (edited February 25, 2001).]

Steve,

SELECTING YOUR OWN TRIBES

In the standard PC install there is a directory:

c:\Program Files\Micropose\Test of Time\

in this there are subdirectories for Original, Extendedoriginal,
    Fantasy,Midguard,SciFi. In each of these there is a rules.txt

You probably want to go to the:

c:\Program Files\Micropose\Test of Time\original\rules.txt

Take a backup just in case.

Open that file with Windows Explorer and scroll down
    to the @LEADERS heading.

There you will find 21 entries each line starting with:

@LEADERS
    Caesar, Livia, 0, 1, 1, Romans,
    Hammurabi, Ishtari, 0, 2, 0, Babylonians,
    Frederick, Maria Theresa, 0, 3, 3, Germans,
    Ramesses, Cleopatra, 1, 4, 0, Egyptians,
    Abe Lincoln, E. Roosevelt, 0, 5, 1, Americans,
    Alexander, Hippolyta, 1, 6, 1, Greeks,
    Mohandas Gandhi,Indira Gandhi, 0, 7, 2, Indians,
    Lenin, Catherine the Great, 1, 1, 3, Russians,
    Shaka, Shakala, 0, 2, 0, Zulus,
    Louis XIV, Joan of Arc, 0, 3, 3, French,
    Montezuma, Nazca, 0, 4, 0, Aztecs,
    Mao Tse Tung, Wu Zhao, 0, 5, 2, Chinese,
    Henry VIII, Elizabeth I, 1, 6, 3, English,
    Genghis Khan, Bortei, 0, 7, 0, Mongols,
    Cunobelin, Boadicea, 1, 1, 0, Celts,
    Tokugawa, Amaterasu, 0, 2, 2, Japanese,
    Canute, Gunnhild, 1, 3, 3, Vikings
    Philip II, Isabella, 1, 4, 3, Spanish,
    Xerxes, Scheherezade, 0, 5, 0, Persians,
    Hannibal, Dido, 0, 6, 1, Carthaginians,
    Sitting Bull, Sacajawea, 0, 7, 0, Sioux,

It is from this table that the 21 tribes are selected.

You will see that there are 3 sets of 1 to 7 in the second
    numerical column. Each number represents a colour.

If you want only european tribes; then delete all the lines
    except for the 7 european tribes you want and then renumber
    the 7 left as wanted from 1 to 7.

See below:

@LEADERS
    Caesar, Livia, 0, 1, 1, Romans,
    Frederick, Maria Theresa, 0, 2, 3, Germans,
    Alexander, Hippolyta, 1, 3, 1, Greeks,
    Louis XIV, Joan of Arc, 0, 4, 3, French,
    Cunobelin, Boadicea, 1, 5, 0, Celts,
    Canute, Gunnhild, 1, 6, 3, Vikings,
    Philip II, Isabella, 1, 7, 3, Spanish,

While there you can replace the leader with your own name!
    Do not forget to include the text to the right (not copied here).

The program will then have to pick your seven tribes.

Edward

Comment

wow man thanks

Comment

Interesting. This is the first game I've heard of with a civil war occurring in a non-AI civ. Don't think I've ever lost my capital in ToT yet though...

If you wanted to prevent it from occurring you could always add extra AI's in non-strategic locations to bring the total to seven, thereby eliminating the extra slots and preventing civil wars from splitting civ's.

Comment

There's a thread in the CivII-Gneraal/Help section about civil wars that might be worth reading. Not sure if exactly same rules apply to ToT though. I think it's called 'Help: Civil Wars'
          "Life is like a bag of Revells - you're always searching for The Orange One"

Comment

As someone else posted, this is unheard off. At least in my experience.
            "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
            --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

I really, really, really, wish the game designers would make the tribe colors a random thing, or a choosable option, rather than a static part of the game. It would make the game that much more fun, and diverse to boot. Is there any way to do this with the current rules as they are, without doing it manually every time?

Holla Eazy Baby

------------------
              "Be yourself, by yourself, stay away from me. A lesson learned in life, known from the dawn of time."
              - Pantera
              [This message has been edited by Angelscream (edited March 16, 2001).]
              "I said I love but I lied."
              - Pantera, Datalinks

Comment

Civil wars are a cool feature of Civ2/TOT
                They work as far as i know by:
                only being possible when 1 or more civ's have been destroyed , and its past the time when new civs will spawn ,so theres only 6 civs no.. allowing space for the game to create a 7th with a civil war.

To create a civil war, conquer the enemy cities capital (their Palace) and it will either start a civil war, splitting the country into 2 which then declare war on each other, and are now full of corruption with no central palace (government) so you can bribe them easier.
                OR it will say No civil war takes place.. I don't know if its random whether one will happen, But i think wars always happen unless theres 7 civs alive.

Its a great tactic for conquering big civs, as the ingame tutorial suggests..
                You can cause the civil war, then each sides units are split up (they probably lose some units too that are in enemy cities?)
                I wish I'd used the civil war option in my big TOT game against the zulus, as when i conquered their big continent I now only have 4 years to conquer the aliens on AC (my ex allies the americans were easy to beat haha).

ALSO in Civ2 original, the Sioux caused my civilisation to go into Civil war as the primitive Persians and egyptians had been destroyed. I think they managed to make my country go into civil war a second time as there was still another civ slot free! but i was only mucking around because the Vikings had the Hooverdam and were dominating the other side of my Russians continent.

You can also go into cheat mode and kill civs, then maybe you can make another civ that you want to play with.. just edit their names etc..

Admiral Pete

Comment

Working...
                X