Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is Test of Time, What are advantages over CtP and Civ2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Test of Time, What are advantages over CtP and Civ2?

I've never heard of Test of Time.

Its just another game to play while we wait for CIV 3 to come out
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

The Apolyton's ToT page is here, where you can link to a few reviews for further information (some links are dead).

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by ! on 04-15-2001 09:00 PM
        I've never heard of Test of Time.

TOT is an entire game in itself. It was released by Hasbro/Microprose after Civilivation II was released. The full title of the game is:
        "Civilization II Test of Time." A big diference between Civ2 and TOT is that in TOT, if you play the extended game, the game doesn't end when you arrive at Alpha Centauri. You get to land on Alpha Centauri and continue to build your civilization on Alpha Centauri AND on Earth. Of course, Alpha Centauri isn't an empty world - you have a alien race which starts on Alpha Centauri and migrates to Earth while you start on Earth and eventually migrate to Alpha Centauri.

One point though, there are no wonder movies in TOT. However, if you have the CivIIMGE cd, you can place the MGE into your CD Rom drive and play TOT (as long as TOT is already loaded on your computer using the TOT CD). This way, when you build a wonder, a movie will play.

I have found out that you need to load TOT on your computer AND load CivII MGE also. The reason for this is that when you load MGE, you can also load the INDEO drivers (which the wonder movies need to be played). However, you might be able to just download the INDEO drivers by itself and it should work, though I, myself, have never tried it.

Sorry about being long winded, but I hope I answered your question as to what TOT is.

Comment

Working...
        X