How do you use Spaceports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you use Spaceports?

hi all, yes it's "Her with no manual" (yet! *wave*)

HOW do you use spaceports? I am ON Alpha Centauri, and I can build spaceports, and I have built some, but I don't know how to use them?

Sorry to be so.. thingy.

Laurie (TIA!)

quote:

Originally posted by Laurie on 04-01-2001 07:57 PM

HOW do you use spaceports? I am ON Alpha Centauri, and I can build spaceports, and I have built some, but I don't know how to use them?

If you mean 'Starports', they work almost like airports. Build one in an Earth city and another in a Centaurus city and then move the unit by choosing the 'teleport'/'move between worlds' option on the 'Orders' menu. I don't know the shortcut key for that, sorry.

If you mean the spaceports that the Colonist unit builds, you move the unit you want to teleport onto the transporter square and then choose the teleport option from the 'orders' menu...

If you don't have a city on each world, the only way to teleport is to build the little teleport stations with your Colonist unit. You can only do that is the square your Colonist is on is land on _both_ maps.

Hope that helps.

STYOM

"I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Starports (etc.) have the added bonus of costing NO movement points, which means that if you order a unit to a city that has a starport via railroads, it will end up in the target city with the abilty to use its full move. There are limitations: each starport can only be used once per turn, and the destination must be on another map. If can setup up enough rail-linked cities on two maps, you can actually use this to 'bounce' a unit to distant cities on the same map, while (again) retaining its full movement allowance.
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
      X