Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• missiles units, IA dont use it

i've post a similar msg when i'd made my WW2 scenario for Civ2+FW
    i've seen that IA build but never use cruiser missile (renamed V1) or A-bomb (or the 2 others.. kamikaze and V2), i'd then start some new games, i gave all the techs to all the civs and gave them missile and a-bomb and they never used it.

I've just converted my WW2FW scenario for ToT with Civconverter 1.4
    i've hope this bug have disappear but not...
    THAT'S THE SAME THING !!
    So i asked again... am i the only one to have this "bug" ??
    DOES ANYONE KNOWS WHY IA NEVER USE MISSILES UNITS ?
    thanks.

Eyn, please send me the rules.txt file.

Comment

Did you try parking a human-player battleship outside one of the AI's cities? They seem to be a favourite prey for AI-missiles, they literally sprey dozens of missiles upon them. I've hardly ever, if at all, seen the AI attack a ground unit with a missile. Nor a cheap sea unit.
      Hasdrubal's Home.
      Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.

Comment

The V1/V2
        As noted above the AI tends to target only battleships with missiles. I expect that the reason is the ships high defense/hit points. Given the short range of six and the limited scope in which the AI uses the missile unit it is most likely that the AI is simply not finding available targets for the. In any event even if you are able to get the AI to use the V1 and V2 rockets it is highly unlikely that the AI will use them in a historical fashion.

The A-bomb
        We all know that the AI likes to use nukes and they are no apparent problems in the rules.txt. So, once again I would look at range as the determining factor. Range 6 might be too short a distance for the AI to consider targeting a nuke. The availability and range of paratroops may also be a factor.

By the way, do you have the WWII AI turned on?

Comment

i'll try to modify Paratroops and missiles units range but, i use a world map and europe is a small part of it, if i must give them long range capability...
          something i must add: with the "3" movement domain unit value (instead of "1") AI use V1, V2, Kamikaze but not A-Bomb. But i can not really use it, missiles dont return to town at the end of the turn.

Comment

i haven't use the "WW2 AI" option of the scenario parameters
            ... (should i use it ????)

Comment

The WW2 AI was created for the WWII scenario. Unless you are using the same map and same civs in you scenario, then NO.

Comment

i've just made a lot of tests (on Civ2+FW need to verify with ToT):
                changing range, units movement domain, and units AI role
                in a "new game" i agree: Cruiser missiles only attack battleships !
                and A-Bomb works but it seems only to far enemy cities with no "friend units" around.
                in my scenario i've take original paradrop range, a-bomb range but IA never use it in my tests. maybe cities/units are too close ?
                but surprise IA don't use cruiser-missiles-like (V1, V2, Kamikaze) against nearly enemy battleships !!!
                so i test and test again and finally found these possibilities:
                Paradrop range: 5
                -AI use A-Bomb when used with "Air Superiority" AI role, "1" mov domain (normal air) and 6 (>paradrop) range
                but it's no use against cities and it's use even if friends units are in the aera.
                -AI use cruiser-missiles-like, as i write before, if "3" mov domain, and it use missile over ground units ! (and that's cool) i give V1-3 mov range and V2-4 mov range (and AI role 0-attack)
                but for Kamikaze unit i wonder if i'll not use another solution: that can be a naval-missile unit (movement range 4) with AI role 2-"naval superiority" (it works)

I'll probably test these modifications with the ToT version and if it's work i'll definitively change the rules.txt (i'll just keep older rules.txt as rules.ex for those who want to play Multi with "originals" A-bomb, V1, V2, Kamikazes units)

I want your vote: For Kamikaze what would u want ? "3" mov domain+3 mov range OR naval-missile+4mov range ?
                thanks to help me to choose.

Comment

Working...
                X