Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• airbase=airport?

hi AGAIN.

Sorry to be asking so many questions... I promise (hope) that this will be the last for a while.

I have a civilisation that is going great (except for pollution, eww)... and I have engineers, who, by pressing 'e' can build an AIRBASE. That's what it's called. There is no improvement called an Airbase in my Civilopedia, only an AIRPORT. I built two of these (Airbases) a few continents apart, and when I stood a unit on one and pressed "L"... I got a message saying "Units can only be airlifted between cities with AIRPORTS".

Should there be a plane involved? (sorry if that is 'duh')

ARGH.

Help?

Laurie sans Manual

Laurie, the airbase is something your engineers construct on non-city terrain, similar to a fortress or irrigation. Air units can end their turns there or paratroopers can jump from there, but that's it. An airport is a city improvement which performs the same functions for air units as a barracks does for ground units. In addition, 1 unit/turn/airport can transport from one airport to another, regardless of the distance involved. Enemy fighters within range of the airport can result in the airlifted unit being shot down. It's done automatically (no plane involved), but pop-up boxes will warn you in advance.
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Thanks. I had figured out some of that (that I needed Airports) by the time I read your post, but not all of it. So thanks again!

Laurie

Comment

Working...
      X