Original Game Bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original Game Bug

Very strange thing happened to me indeed.

Basically, I was playing a plain old original game, 7 civs, you know the deal. Suddenly, Ghandi of the Indians thought it would be a good idea to change himself to Pichi of the Gazpichi. Then Ultrastring theory became available as a Tech Advance on my list! 'bout 100 years later, the earth is crawling with Kestrel's and Spithre's!

And I just wanted to play a nice Original game. Oh well.

Anybody out there understand what could have happened?

BTW just in case anybody asks, I am positive I am playing an original game with only 1 map, and yes I did download the latest patch.

Holla Eazy Baby.
    [This message has been edited by Angelscream (edited March 15, 2001).]
    "I said I love but I lied."
    - Pantera, Datalinks

Well, well...I see this problem goes both ways!

Below is an extract from my thread "Multiplayable Extended Game":

I've noticed that the "Extended Game" is an option on the single player game, but it isn't listed as an option on setting up a multiplayer game.
    My question is can it be done (a multiplayer extended game)?

A work around that I've tried is to first set up a single player extended game, then save the game on my very first turn - but save it as a ".net" instead of a ".sav." Then I start a multiplayer game and load the .net saved game. It seams to work except for the following:

1. I have the UN Wonder. There are 7 players in the game (2 Human, AIs). However, I can only see through my, foriegn advisor, 5 players and not the 6th - who should have been the Alien opponent. This is undrstandable since the alien opponent is on Alpha Centauri and not on Earth.

2. I ran into a 6th player on earth - and it wasn't the alien race...it was the Native Americans! However, he doesn't show up on the foriegn advisor and even when I try to establish an embassy with him, nothing happends. The other human player has also tried to establish an embassy with the "Native Americans" but to no avail.

IMO, I believe the Native Americans are actually the Centauri race who have now landed on Earth.

Do you see a pattern here?

I think the code concerning AIs in my game believes its a standard game and the code concerning AIs in your game believes your in an extended game.

And yes, I too have the latest patch installed.

Wait! I know an easy fix...let's trade codes!! j/k

Sorry I couldn't help you, but at least I know now that I'm not the only one with strange these events happening.

Ciao!

Comment

I definately think there is a potential bug here. I think the extended original and original games are irrelivant in this case. It must have something to do with the purple color in general. The game obviously has trouble differentiating between the alien civs and the 3 human (purple) civs. Why this is, I have no idea.

But, as an interesting twist, I am able to communicate just fine with the Gazpichi.

Anywho, I gave that game up, as I finally got fed up with being gang raped by the 6 other civs, who continuously, and mercilessly, bombed me with kestrels. A unit that shouldn't have been in the game to begin with, since it was an original game.

Aww hell, I'm gonna go play Alpha Centauri now, my other fav game.

Holla Eazy Baby

------------------
      "Be yourself, by yourself, stay away from me. A lesson learned in life, known from the dawn of time."
      - Pantera
      "I said I love but I lied."
      - Pantera, Datalinks

Comment

Working...
      X