Colonizing in the fantasy game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colonizing in the fantasy game

In the fantasy game are all races able to colonize every world eventually?
    Like as humans all i can send to the undersea world is empty shield boats, what is the point of that???
    much thx for any help
    ------------------------------------
    "I'm the evil midnight bomber, what bombs at midnight! Yeah baby, yeah!!"
    Evil Bombing Cricket Guy - The Tick

Q: ... are all races able to colonize every world eventually?

A: No. The Stygians come closest, as their settler units can move to surface, underground, and underwater. Mermen are similar, although they need tunnels (which they cannot build w/o drwarves) to enter the underground. However, stygians have barrow wights fairly early, which are able to move to the cloud level and capture cities.

All non-Buteo settler units can enter tunnels to the underground. And of course Dwarves may build tunnels and enter them even if the corresponding tile is bedrock.

Humans and infidels are most limited in this regard. When the Goblins get ogres, these units can move underwater easily (The rationale for this being? No idea.). I think the Elves's Changelings can do so, but I may be getting them confused with Merman Otterines.

Buteo units cannot move underground until they are able to build an Old Man or Dwarves.

Of course, anyone can bribe a (non-dragon/horror) barbarian unit,, but I am speaking of units these races can build. Eventually, all races can build Ice Drakes, which teleport underwater and enter tunnels, and dragons, which can teleport to the cloud world.

Q: ... as humans all i can send to the undersea world is empty shield boats ...

A: Jack O Lanterns can teleport to underwater and explore. This unit is available to all races, IIRC.

Hope these helps.
    John 6:68

Comment

ah ok much thanks
      ------------------------------------
      "I'm the evil midnight bomber, what bombs at midnight! Yeah baby, yeah!!"
      Evil Bombing Cricket Guy - The Tick

Comment

Working...
      X