Can't move between imported maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't move between imported maps

I started a scenario as a regular game (1 map). Then I imported 2 more maps as I developed the scenario. Now I can't move between them, even using the teleporter improvement. All units are capable of existing on all maps, and I'm pretty sure I've set the map relationships and unit flags correctly. Has anyone else run into this?
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Send me your rules.txt to my work email at wkeenan@hobby.org
    [This message has been edited by William Keenan (edited February 22, 2001).]

Comment

My thanks to William, who came up with the solution. The problem is imbedded data which assumes that there is only one map, therefore just changing the rules text to allow intermap movement has no effect. This can be changed using a temporary events file. See Darth Veda's tip in Scenario League "Making Test of Time's Civilize2 and Leaders2 work for you." Just substitute the Transport action for the Enable Technology action.

In making my Indochina War scenario, I wanted to allow aircraft (except helicopters) to move to map 2, so they could fly over intervening units. All types of Vietcong units use the invisibility flag, so American air units kept running into them. This wasn't a huge problem, except when range 2 units were attempting to return to base. They would usually destroy the VC unit, only to run out of gas. I imported another map to represent high altitude but the air units couldn't change maps.

I used the following temporary event (as per DV's tip) to change the imbedded data in the Scn. file:

@IF
      ScenarioLoaded
      @THEN
      Transport
      Unit=Phantom IIc
      State=On
      Mode=Native
      Type=2
      @ENDIF

And so on for all 14 types of aircraft. Once the scenario is run and saved, you simply delete the temporary events file and restore the original events file. Thanks again to William and D.V.
      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Maybe this is why people haven't started making TOT scenarios??? Because of the complications??? But then again, if someone like Capt. Nemo or Harlan were to make a scenario for it, maybe people would be scrambling for it? If it's still being sold I mean... Why hasn't Nemo started yet anyways? Is there a reason? But then again... maybe, once DV's scenario's released, all that will change... Or Tecumseh's... whoever's scenario's released first because, honestly, they're both looking to become spectacular from what I've read and seen about both of them.

Comment

Working...
        X