Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove/increase Unit/City limits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove/increase Unit/City limits?

Is there a way to remove the Unit and City limits? there should be, since there is already a hack to that increases the map size limit, population and money limits. I dislike it when i get this max city limit or max unit limit, ruins my game and no fun anymore.

is there a way to remove these limits? i don't give a hoot about play balance or slows down comp, will worry about it later. want those limits removed :P

-LordLMP

What number is the unit limit?
    Rome rules

Comment

PS.
      The city limit is 255 cities and no one has yet managed to surpass this without seriously affecting the stability of the game. Julius Brezaida is the greatest hope on this matter, though.
      Rome rules

Comment

I don't know the Units limit, doesn't say. I think it effects all the civs thought. I am using the hack so i can have a even larger map. played as aliens, so could spread like crazy while the other 6 civs on earth expand and blast each other. The comp civs are all big, especially the Japs and Chinese :P

I reach the city limit before i reached the unit limit. when i reach unit limit, got fed u and stop playing the game..created a new game with same map size, as aliens and so on as the last game, just not expansionist crazy. But i have reached the unit limit and know i couldn't of had same amount of units as other game, so comp may got more than I.

255 cities? and not yet reached? then i think i have then. Game doesn't say how many cities i have, but I know i have to many to count or properly manage. Each comp civ had atleast 20-30.

Went back playing SMAX and now fed up with that game and its illegals ops late in the game!!! and other bugs. i have completed reinstalled the game to and reinstall addons. still it does illegal ops :/
        why can't firaxis fix them!! ain't the game good enough for them to worth fixing? anyway, off topic here :P but hope civ3 won't be like that or be treated like firaxis people is doing towards SMAC/X.
        do have the lastest upgrade, but still not enough...

-LordLMP

Comment

The city limit of 255 cities is built into the game. This includes your as well as computer cities. When you reach that limit and try to create a new city, a message box appears, saying "Too many cities". No hack can get rid of this limit - yet.
          Rome rules

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by [LordLMP] on 02-17-2001 01:49 PM
            I am using the hack so i can have a even larger map. played as aliens, so could spread like crazy while the other 6 civs on earth expand and blast each other. The comp civs are all big, especially the Japs and Chinese

LordLMP, would you be intersted by playing the Aliens in a sucession game ? see this topic : http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum29/HTML/000915.html?6

------------------
            Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe
            [This message has been edited by Julius Brenzaida (edited February 18, 2001).]
            Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

Working...
            X