Lose Animated Characters after Saving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lose Animated Characters after Saving

I've just replaced my CIV II game with CIV II Test of Time. Everytime I save a game then reopen it, I've lost all my animated characters (replaced with old CIV II characters)and the background loses all its detail. I'm running ToT on a Dell 233 MHz with 96 Meg of RAM and Windows ME.

Am I doing something wrong, is there a problem with the program that can be fixed with a patch, could there be a file leftover from the previous CIV II that is screwing it up, or is it because I'm running on Windows ME?

------------------
    Ron
    Ron

affranchi,

It all sounds a little strange, as Test of Time and (traditional) Civ2 default to two seperate directories - Test of Time to C:/Program Files/Microprose/Test of Time, while Civ2 should be in C:/MPS/Civ2. It might just get to the point where you might need to reinstall one, if not both games.

Please note that there is a patch for Test of Time which you should run anyway, although I suspect that this won't address your problem - see here.

Consider defragmenting your hard drive - I don't know why my main hard drive got so messy after installing Windows 2000, but having run the defragment program, my system has been free from all sorts of odd effects that were becoming an all too annoying daily drama (touch wood, touch wood).

Comment

Working...
    X