X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millenium

Millenium Modpack/Scenario
    --------------------------

This creation attempts (within the constraints of the Civ2 game) to explore the scientific, and cultural advances that occurred over the last thousand years of Human history and the corresponding diversity of units that were enabled by those ideas and technologies.

As such the Advances Tech Tree has been extensively modified
    (and is supported by a populated, descriptive civilopedia).

Some of the new (to standard Civ2) advances include :

Magna Carta, Guild System, Diplomacy, Printing Press,
    Renaissance, Humanism, Rationalism,
    Revolutionary Ideology, Nationalism, Telephone,
    Television, Colour T.V., Semiconductors,

Medieval Warfare, Firearms, Bayonet & Inf. Drill,
    Breech Loading, Rifled Barrels, Repeating Rifle,
    Assault Rifle, National Defense Plan, Elite Training,
    Rapid Deployment, Sloped Armour, S.C.U.B.A., Advanced Composites,
    Modern Agriculture, Adv. Food Handling, Tunnel Engineering,

although not necessarily in that order.

Also some of the earlier unit slots (e.g. Warrior, Legion, Chariot etc.) have been recycled
    to make way for more units that are in keeping with the period 1000 a.d. to now.

Anyone familiar with "3-D" or "Multiverse" will find no great surprises in the collection of Units however, although there are more modern units than in any of my previous efforts.

Again, this is really more a Scenario within a Modpack rather than a fully-fledged "set-piece" scenario with a theme and a clearly defines set of objectives.

As such, each Civ starts out with few resources and must build up from scratch.
    Although nominally every Civ begins with knowledge of Irrigation, Mining, Roads, Pottery,
    The Wheel, Bronze and Iron Working, Warrior Code, Horseback Riding, Masonry, Mysticism and Ceremonial Burial, Polytheism, Monotheism, The Alphabet, Writing, Code of Laws and Currency.

At the moment the Scenario is set on a Non-Earth world, but I may create
    an Earth version if I get around to mapping Earth's continental shelf.

So far I have concentrated more on setting up the detailed incremental change in Units and Advances etc., as well as the Unit weightings and civilopedia entries.

Otherwise much of the modpack is common to the "Unit-Mania 3-D" scenario, although I have also created a second set of habitable underground terrain in order to coax the AI into building underground cities as well as any human players.

As well, players can no longer "cheat" as was previously possible in the 3-D Scenario and utilise Cruise and Nuclear missiles underground. (They are of course still permitted to submerge to Deep Ocean when loaded onto submarines).

Also, like the Multiverse Scenario, the wonders have been reduced in scope and number,
    making it harder to triumph utilising the classic Civ2 formula.

Scenario utilises 4 linked maps - Earth , Underground, Stratosphere, Undersea(Deep Ocean).

Scenario concentrates on the advances that occurred between 1,000 A.D. and 2,000 A.D (although the scenario does not end until around 2,100 A.D.)

Like in Multiverse I have attempted to recycle as many of the Fantasy & Scifi sprites that is feasible given that the sprite has to 'fit' into the reality context I am striving for. (Oh for a Sprite editor with which to create new units and time to muck about utilising it.)

So if, as we find ourselves about to depart this millenium (yes, I'm one of those that reckon we have been living in the 20th century for this most recent year) this rambling discourse piques anyone's interest then post here and I'll try to upload the various zip files to somewhere on my web-site so that they are accessible.

And it is now available for download at :
    http://members.tripod.com/kestrel18/Millennium/

Enjoy.

Comment

Working...
    X