Test of Time Retirement movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test of Time Retirement movie

It might be the speed of your computer... I was running ToT with a Pentium 166 MMX originally, 48 MB of RAM and the video was very choppy. When I upgraded, no problem. Does this problem happen when your machine runs the Transcendence video, too?

I'm by no means an expert, but my only other guess is that your video card might be insufficient... ?

STYOM
    "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

The movie sucks. It doesn't even run right on my 650MHz, 384MB, GeForce2 monster.

Whoever made it should die

j/k

Comment

Test of Time Retirement movie

I got Test of Time as a gift and I enjoy it very much. However, I am playing the Extended Original Game and each time that I select the Retire option, the screen goes black and only a vague visible image is seen in gray on the right side of the screen. The music then begins to sort of skip and there is nothing I can do but wait until the skipping music ends and then the POWERgraph and all that appears.

I thought that my CD was bad so I exchanged it, but my new one is the same. I have tried installing DirectX 6, 7, and 8. The README file says something about a DirectX Media application but the only thing similar I have found is for Win95 on the Microsoft Website. I have Win98SE. Has anyone else seen anything like this on their game?

Comment

Try copying the video files to your hard drive, that seems to help immensely. After you've watched them a few times and gotten bored you can delete them to get the space back

Comment

I don't think my processor is the problem, six thousand year old man, but you may be right about the video card being insufficient. It actually is about 6 or 7 years old and sorely need to be replaced!

I will try copying the movies to my HD like DaveP suggested (right now space is not a big problem in my machine)

Thank you all immensely for your help!

You rock!

Comment

Working...
          X