Is this another AI cheat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this another AI cheat?

Has anyone documented the fact that the AI diplomats cheat during the space race? Specifically, whenever I've launched the ship, I notice that AI dips always manage to steal Space Flight, Plastics and Superconductor (the three needed to make SS parts). Not only that, but they don't ever seem to be thwarted by my spies stationed in the target city. Since dips are supposed to only steal random advances, this smells of a cheat...

I don't claim to have scientifically documented evidence of this and no, it's not on deity... when I play deity I'm the one doing the stealing! I notice this a lot on Prince and King. On ToT... but I assume it would happen on CivII as well.

Just mentioning it 'cause it bugs me.

STYOM
    "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Yes - it's a common 'leveller' tactic of the AI.

I often find that if you know you're about to be hit by a barrage of diplomats, one approach is to trade away other advances - you know, the 'no' I'm not giving you Space Flight... "But would you be interested in Mass Production instead?" sort of trade. Their diplomats will often retreat for quite a few turns if you can give them a few less dire technologies. Unfortunately if you have Space Flight, Plastics, and Superconductor, the choice of techologies available for trade will usually be between these.

Hopefully Civ3 won't rely on this sort of ploy.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Cam on 01-16-2001 01:08 AM
      Hopefully Civ3 won't rely on this sort of ploy.

Hopefully Civ3 wont have ANY AI cheats at all, that are not at least optional (for the masochists out there)

Comment

Working...
      X