Fatal Error...HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatal Error...HELP!!!

I just bought Civ2:TOT a few days ago. I've started two different games and after saving, I can never load the saves. I get a Fatal Error, (Error "-5" in module "3" data: 67 0.) Please help!!! This game is totally useless unless I can load a saved game.
    [4Nik8R]A$tro$nut

This normally indicates a problem with one of the files, such as rules.txt. Errors like this are a common occurence when first trying to make scenarios, you leave a comma out of rules.txt and everything goes pear shaped. What have you done? I know you say you are just playing rather than editing but give us a clue! Have you had a computer crash? Something must have happened, even if you don't think it relevent or too small.

Comment

I got this error, too. I can think of two possible reasons but I haven't tried. First maybe the save was before you intall the patch. Second the directory was a MPE directory rather than a TOT directory (TOT and MPE share the initiating directory if you have both on your computer, and if you play TOT after MPE, the saving directory will be a MPE directory).

Should have tested myself but I'm too busy and lazy now.

Comment

Working...
      X