Goody-Goody Huts in ToT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goody-Goody Huts in ToT

Is it possible to alter what the huts offer you? That is without having to create a new scenario.I don't want the huts to offer advances but I would like to play scenarios like Lalande the science fiction scenario.Tks.

Goodie huts won't offer you advances once you have the Invention slot technology researched. As such you could create a small mod by rearranging the technolgy tree somehow, and in your events file then slipping in a give technology event that will give all tribes that technolgy (whatever's in slot 38) on the first turn. You would need to account for other factors aside from sticking in a new early technology, such as changes to cities.bmp and people.bmp.

If any or all of this is unclear, please advise, and I'll try to explain it differently.

Comment

The look of people will only change to Renaissance once you got BOTH Invention AND Philosophy. City look will still change with Invention alone though.

Please see my post corrections/update to info on 'advances slots' for other common misconceptions about the effects of advances in ToT.

EDIT: Wrong URL to my post

[This message has been edited by CyberChrist (edited January 11, 2001).]

Comment

I did not mean to mislead or promulgate misconceptions (if I indeed did) - all I'm saying is giving a tribe the technology in slot 38 could be a factor in changes to cities.bmp and people.bmp - CyberChrist's advice is valuable to be aware of.

Comment

Thanks for your help but unfortunately I don't know how to change the techno tree order and I couldn't figure it out.Guess I'll just have to live with it.Thanks for your help though,do appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
          X