Managing the game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Managing the game.

*As I stand in front of the crowd huddled in a small church basement* Hello, my name is foureyes and I am a SMAC addict..."

I am a long-time FPS gamer that recently got a hankering to play something a little more cerebral, so I blew the dust off of my year-old copy of SMAC and installed it. I had tried it before but found it too tedious and gave up after a couple of days, which brings me to the point of this post.

I've been playing seriously for about a week now and would like to get more in to the "guts" of the game. Right now I have almost everything automated because I find that managing everything directly is a little overwhelming. If the AI isn't doing something that I think should be done I grab a few units and go do it by hand then re-automate them again when I'm finished. I generally keep out of the micromanagement of the game and let the AI do most everything and I guide tech and unit development in the general direction I would like to go. I realize that to become a better player I need to have a more direct hand in the way things are done.

My question is can any of you offer insight as to how you manage everything? I'm having a hard time juggling unit production, tech research, improvement construction, etc., etc. What are your techniques for keeping on top of it all?

------------------
    "Oh Bartleby, Wisconsin isn't really that bad is it?" - Alan Rickman as The Metatron (Dogma)
    "Oh Bartleby, Wisconsin isn't really that bad is it?" - Alan Rickman as The Metatron (Dogma)

Oops, this is in the wrong forum. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
    X