Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About ToTEdit

Sorry for posting in 2 forums.

Just in case anyone is wondering what happened to ToTEdit, I am still making it. I was hoping to have the first release out by now but it is taking a lot longer thhan I imagined, mostly because of the lack of time I have to do it (full time job and a missus).
    I don't have any more sexy screenshots to post, I have been working on behind the scenes code (right now I am working on the New Scenario Wizard) which is hard to display.
    Hopefully I will have some to time to work on it over the Xmas period, I'm also trying to figure out how to distribute it as it will be too large to download.
    Please bear with me and I will post with more updates as soon as possible.

PS if nobody posts in response then I will assume no-one is interested...

How large is it going to be? The upper limit of what I'm willing to download is 30-40 MB, which is a three to five hour download over a 28,800 connection.

------------------
    Thus spake the Dragon
    Thus spake the Dragon

Comment

I think I can get it below 200Mb. I have come to the conclusion that CD is the only way to go.
      It's large size is because it is based on a real database (not Access) but I am working on several ways of cutting down the size, including an 'empty' version which would require work by the end user to complete the setup (by work I mean pointing it in the direction of your Civ2 or ToT directories and letting it rip!)
      [This message has been edited by Miner (edited December 14, 2000).]

Comment

What kind of bandwith have you got miner?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by DarthVeda on 12-15-2000 09:21 AM
          What kind of bandwith have you got miner?

A 56kbps modem. Hence CD!

Comment

which means it would take an eon to upload anywhere. How about this, you send me the CD, get me a site with 200mb of space, and I will upload it for you over my T1 LAN?

msg: darthveda@hotmail.com if interested.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by DarthVeda on 12-15-2000 05:37 PM
              which means it would take an eon to upload anywhere. How about this, you send me the CD, get me a site with 200mb of space, and I will upload it for you over my T1 LAN?

msg: darthveda@hotmail.com if interested.

Thankyou for the offer. I do have access via work to ISDN but I think you beat me on bandwith! However, what I was going to do was in fact distribute it on CD and not decline donations toward P&P! I also don't know any sites which will host that much space without paying a shedload of £/$/euros. And of course, no-one in their right mind is going to want to download it either without access to fibre optic backbone!

Comment

Crosswinds does...... Hmm... maybe you should put a message tht goes roughly "Do not download unless yu have an excessively fast connection"
                *grumbles about work*

Comment

200 MB???
                  What are you making ?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by VetLegion on 12-18-2000 05:22 PM
                    200 MB???
                    What are you making ?

Sorry for the late reply I have been very busy at work.

What am I making? Well, I am making a ToT Editor on the only development platform I know (and what I do for a living), which is Oracle databases (for storing the info) and Oracle Forms (for the GUI). Unfortunately the vast majority of the overhead is the Oracle gubbins for the database (I have no way of just making Forms without the underlying db!). The actual form executables I am making will only come to about 10Mb (I think, I haven't finished yet). All in all, not the ideal platform for this sort of thing, but my C++ skills are nonexistent.

Comment

Working...
                    X