TOT Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOT Question

I'm thinking of getting TOT, but I have all the other Civ 2's includeing MGE/UCC so can you tell me what the difference between TOT and the rest and is it easy to make a Scenario and put it in the game, also is it backwards combatable to the othert mods and scnario's

------------------
    I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow
    I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

It's not backward compatible at all - you cannot play scenarios made with the old ones using ToT without using a 3rd-party conversion utility first. OTOH, there is nothing stopping you from installing both ToT and the older incarnations.

------------------
    St. Leo
    http://www.sidgames.com/hosted/ziggurat/
    http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

and if you didn't already know... you can have multiple maps for one game, up to 4. So you can be playing on 4 different maps at once! Also I beliieve there are more things you can do with scenarios (flags), along with more events. I might be wrong on those last ones, I am not real big on scenario making.

Comment

The multiple maps feature is quite useful in adding new dimensions to scenario strategy.

For instance, right now I'm playtesting a scenario (Multiverse) where I control one world outright, and my enemy (who I just traded maps with) controls another world (except one small island).

My settlers/engineers can built portals to the other world, but I want to place them strategically, so that my invasion forces works well, and lands on the right continents.

Also, about half the modern units in this scenario can't use the portals to that particular world, so I have to use devious strategy and some covert manuevers to lure the enemy into battles where I want them.

This, of course, is just one scenario-the possibilities for ToT are far beyond what has been exploited already.

-KhanMan

------------------
        Sprecher der ToT
        First Minister of Machiavellia Cybernation
        Founder, OTAATFPM
        (Off Topic Apolytoners Against The Finnish Power-Mongers)
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "Is that a scroll in your toga, little boy?"
        -Socrates, Phaedrus Dialogue, 238e
        Odin, Thor, and Loki walk into a bar together...
        -KhanMan

Comment

Working...
        X