My girlfriend hates Civ2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My girlfriend hates Civ2

OK so I have some extra cash lying around so I go out and buy on of those sad 10 in a box games from the local computer store. They're all out of date and crap so they sit there unloved for a year or so. Having just reformatted my hard drive and dump all the crap I was about to biff the aforementioned cdroms when I thought I'd give the one I hadn't tried a go. That was two weeks ago and the game was of course Civilization II. I haven't turned the PC off for two weeks. I can't believe that a game this old, with such silly GUI is soooo good. I have never been so adicted, so determined to "beat the bastards" as I have with this game. I know this is old hat to the rest of you but I just have to tell someone! My girlfriend has threatend to go and stay with her mother if I don't cut down on game time...I sure will miss her.

Welcome to the club!
    Your experience sounds all to familiar...
    I actually lost my job when I discovered Civ. I got so hooked that I didn't show up at work for a couple of days. Needless to say, I got fired immediately when I did turn up. To my relief, I must add. It gave me more time to play this wonderful game. That was eigth years ago, and I'm still hooked. So, sorry to break the news to you, but your social life, your working life and your love life are over...

BTW, have you noticed already that there is a poster here called MyWifeHatesCiv? And another one that is going to get his name changed to My Wife Beats Me At Civ?!

------------------
    Hasdrubal's Home.
    Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.
    Hasdrubal's Home.
    Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.

Comment

You only JUST discovered Civ???????
      Oh, you're in New Zealand, of course you haven't discovered it till now. It's probably brand new down there
      Yeah you guessed it, I'm an australian. And no Kiwi on these boards escapes my friendly bantering.
      And DON'T mention the Bledisloe Cup!!!

Comment

Ahhh...nice to see you Matt. Ignore this rambling Aussie here - he's a little sore after us New Zealanders have beat him in the BLEDISLOE CUP!

So how's Auckland?
        Das Wasser soll dein Spiegel sein
        Erst wenn es glatt ist, wirst du sehen
        Wieviel Märchen dir noch bleibt
        und um Erlösung wirst du flehen.

The water shall be your mirror
        Only when it's smooth you will see
        How much fairy-tale is left for you
        And you will beg for deliverance.

'Alter Mann', RAMMSTEIN.

Comment

I think Hasdrubal said it all - welcome ...

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
          "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
          "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Welcome to the club!

We've all been there before. Just try to explain to her that Ruling an Empire is a full time job...and promise to name a city in her honor

"Stop quoting laws to us...we play Civ 2"- paraphrasing Pompey the Great.

Comment

At least when your girl friend needs you to help with a quick basic chore you can. My wife is a little miffed as I play on line and cannot just get up and help her. See it gets worse.

Comment

Working...
              X