ToT scn question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ToT scn question

I downloaded the ToT scn "Europe in flames" from the cradle of civilization. But when I play it the scn takes always the standard ToT units, never the scn units. How can I change this?

I have the 1.1 patch installed and in the graphic options the two buttons for the anim settings are locked to OFF so cannot be changed...

Thanks for any help.

------------------
    Civ2000
    Blah

I had the same problem. As per the readme, you need to remove all .spr files from the ToT "Original" directory.

Regarding this excellent scenario, I'm still trying to figure out why I win when I invade London in July or August 1940. It's only one of 4 flags that should be considered, the others being Magritorsk, Perm and somewhere in Egypt (Alexandria?).
    [This message has been edited by Bromley (edited September 17, 2000).]

Comment

Figured it out, I think. I have to play the game to the end to be sure, but I think that there's a missing "Count" command in the victory conditions.

At the moment, for the German win, the mask says to look at german flags 0-3 to see if their state is on. As there is no count or threshold command, I assume that the end is triggered if any of the conditions are fulfilled (ie. flag 0, occupation of London).

If you want to edit your events.txt to remove this, search for "The Third Reich achieves". This paragraph, and the one below it, need a "Count=4" command included directly under each of the mask commands.
      [This message has been edited by Bromley (edited September 17, 2000).]

Comment

Not sure what is causing this but try renaming all the .spr files, this forces the game engine to use the units.bmp all the time.

Comment

Bromley

It appears that the count parameter does not work properly, there has been a post about this on the Scenario League forum.
          Apparently a checkflag event with a count will fire for all number of flags below that, ie count=4 will actually fire when 1 or 2 or 3 (se well as 4) flags are set.

Comment

Thanks guys, removing the.spr files work!

------------------
            Civ2000
            Blah

Comment

Note that if you are running with unit animations "off" then you only have to remove or rename the static.spr file in the Original directory in order to make things appear as per the units.bmp in the scenario directory.

Comment

The author started creating the scenario before the patch game out. One of the things the patch fixed was the ability to override the sprites, but since the patch didn't fix games that were started under version 1.0. I think the author mentions in the readme that you have to remove all the sprites.

Comment

Whoops - Inadvertent Post - Sorry.
                  [This message has been edited by Kestrel (edited September 26, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                  X