Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions to ToTers, all suggestions appreciated...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions to ToTers, all suggestions appreciated...

I have ToT, but never got into it. Blurry graphics discouraged me at first, but even after downloading improved units and terrain I never get around to play it.

Every time I read one of your suggestions on what to play in ToT it seems like a lot of fun, especially the fantasy game. Beforehand, the science fiction and extended games also sound interesting. Linked maps, cities in the air and so on...

So, what can I do to get into the game?

- Are there even better graphics now somewhere to download? Which are the best ones? If I download the "standard" civ II ones, which of the games can they be used in?

- What about the various bugs (like the Ultrastring theory or whatever it was called) that were constantly brought up in the ToT forum, are they still there?

- If so, what do I have to do to fix them on my own? I have the patch already.

Any suggestions and tips are appreciated.

Carolus

quote:

- What about the various bugs (like the Ultrastring theory or whatever it was called) that were constantly brought up in the ToT forum, are they still there?

- If so, what do I have to do to fix them on my own? I have the patch already.

The patch fixes these bugs (to the best of my knowledge)

Comment

I suggest a vist to the Cradle of Civilization. There you can get the ToT patch, Kestral's graphics mods, Carl Fritz's graphics mods (my favorite), ToT scenarios and guides.

Comment

For the graphics, check the "ToTGFX" thread in the ScenarioLeague forum. You can download some new graphics there (by me ) that improve the backgrounds, window borders, city view etc. of ToT. Check also Kestrels homepage for better ToT graphics (don´t know the link, but check the homepage button in one of his posts )
        Blah

Comment

Working...
        X