Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ToT questions

Ok, I don´t know if someone has asked this before, but:

1.Barbarians that kill my city defenders wait right in front of a empty city instead of capturing it. Is this a ToT bug?

2.I often see enemy diplos walking into my cities, but nothing happened, no message that they have stolen or destroyed something. Also a bug?

I play the standard ToT, without the v1.1 patch, should I upgrade?

------------------
    Civ2000
    Blah

1. Yes this is indeed a bug, unfortunately it isn't fixed by the patch.

2. I'm not sure whether this was intended or not but the patch won't help you here as well.

Still I can recommend an upgrade, as many other bugs have been fixed. Most importantly the "no settlers when I reach Centaurus" bug.

Enjoy the game!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by BeBro on 08-19-2000 09:34 AM
      2.I often see enemy diplos walking into my cities, but nothing happened, no message that they have stolen or destroyed something. Also a bug?

Not a bug this happens in FW/CiC as well.
      They are either
      a) establishing embassies
      or
      b) failing at stealing techs

Comment

Mhmm, I never noticed that under FW...However, thanks for the answers.
        Blah

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by BeBro on 08-19-2000 09:34 AM
          1.Barbarians that kill my city defenders wait right in front of a empty city instead of capturing it. Is this a ToT bug?

They might be out of movement points, especially if they took damage during the attack.

Comment

DaveP, at first I had the same idea, but this happened too often and also with two or three Barbs in one stack so I don´t think that´s the reason...
            Blah

Comment

With regards to the Barbs not taking cities, in FW/MGE/UCC/CiC whatever they always take cities.

However, in the 'Prima Official Strategy Guide', page 156, (UK version, this may differ) the author is bangin' on about Barbarian behaviour, specifically relating to the 3 big nasty units in the sci-fi game (Dondasch, Adamastor and Urdar, collectively known as the HaGibborim):

quote:

Their priority behaviour is to destroy units. They have no interest in capturing cities.

Which leads me to believe, that prior to ToT capturing cities by the barbs is some kind of bug which got fixed in ToT. From our point of view, it looks anomalous because we are used to barbs doing exactly that!

Comment

I think the barb units (and all AI land units) follows a rule that they always attack the largest unit stack. So if you have 3 units in the city but only one outside, the barbs will attack the city; however if you have more units outside than inside they'll attack the outside stack.

Whethere this rule is adjusted for terrain and fortress/city walls is unknown.

AI air units follow different rules. Seems they try to attack the largest air unit stacks, and when there's no air units to attack, they attack the smallest land unit stacks. Also it seems that they consider the 'x2 against air' factor when choosing target.

AI non-nuke missiles only (?) attack war ships and loaded transports.

AI nukes only (?) attack closest cities. However if it has multiple nukes it will attack the second, third,... closest cities if the first nuke is not thrawed by SDI.

I have never tested it so I could be wrong

Comment

Xin Yu, I think in ToT the AI doesn´t nuke only the closest cities. It seems that the AI cheats here, they attacked my capital (Rome) out of nothing with nukes and they had no city in range to do that (and I think they build no carriers).
                  Blah

Comment

BeBro: is that a sneak attack? AI nukes have unlimited range. I did not mention that my experience was that AI counter attacked with nuke when I occupied its cities. I bribed a city in the middle of its empire then occupied cities closer to my territory. The AI used all nukes against the bribed city (which has a SDI built)

Comment

Unlimited range for AI nukes...hmmm like really ICBMs

BTW, another question: Is the ToT AI a bit better in naval warfare than the FW AI admirals?
                      Blah

Comment

Working...
                      X