Improved AI? Really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improved AI? Really?

Question: In the thread "TOT: Is it worth it?", there's mention that the AI in TOT is much improved. Can anyone tell me how? I don't think I've seen any difference in how the AI runs itself.

I know that a few of the cheats seem to be corrected (I can't get the airfield shield/food bonus to work anymore), but otherwise assumed that TOT was just CivII with better graphics and 3 spinoff games added. Are there any other changes anyone's noticed?

STYOM

(I know, I know, I have both games, I could check myself - but I'm not that observant!)

(edited for typo)

[This message has been edited by Six Thousand Year Old Man (edited August 21, 2000).]
    "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

To be honest with you, I don't really notice a difference in AI behaviour. I still trounce it in every single player game. Maybe some people can quote small differences here and there, but overall, there really isn't any significant difference.

Comment

They are just more agressive and make peace with you less. A la MGE. I would hardly call it "much improved".

Comment

Well, since I was the one that mentioned the improved AI, I am here to defend my point of view. The ToT AI is better than the original Civ II AI and MGE AI because : diplomacy runs better ( it is less inclined to make dumb things as in MGE ); the computer expands faster and with more eficiency; and the AI can really put up a war against you. After 4 years of civ experience, I felt refreshed when a enemy civilization actually threathened my empire, making me sweat to replenish troops in borders, creating a good, exciting, and rare civ situation.

Comment

Working...
        X