Help with Midgard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Midgard

I need help. I don't understand how I am supposed to win by research. I even have the Official strategy guide and I still don't understand.

(SOME PEOPLE MAY FIND THE FOLLOWING A SPOILER)

The strategy guide say if I develop the 'Hanging from Yan... 20' advance then I should discover the bridge. Well I have done that, infact I am on 'Hanging from Yan... 34' and still no bridge has appeared.

Under the fantasy game it say I have to discover 'Hanging 8' and then there is a 1 in 35 chance of discovering the bridge. Is this random chance also applied to the Midgard scenario or is it an immediate thing as soon as you get to 20?

Can someone help? I haven't enough time left to build the spaceship/battering ram before Volsang is completely freed.

Any advice gratefully received.
    [This message has been edited by a_bates (edited August 11, 2000).]

There's a one-in-twenty chance per turn of winning once you research Hanging from Yggdrasil 20 - you've just been a bit unlucky.

Comment

I agree there should be a 1 in 20 chance each turn after discover Hanging from Y... 20. However I have now played 50 turns and have still not been told I have won.

I eventually got so sick of it I changed the events.txt file to remove the random part so that I should have won as soon as I got Hanging 20. However still nothing happened.

Anyone give me some help! What have I missed. I am now on Hanging 35. I can't believe this simply doesn't work. I must have missed something.

Someone please help!

Comment

I suspect that the old events file is embedded into your game file, so you will need to run the delevents.exe file on the existing game and then apply your new/customised events.

Comment

Fortunately for us, that thing still works on ToT files

Comment

Working...
          X