No announcement yet.

ToT problem: NO SETTLERS ON CENTAURUS!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ToT problem: NO SETTLERS ON CENTAURUS!!

OK, I have finished THREE games in a row on Civ 2: ToT, and all three times I have had marines on Centaurus, but NO settlers.

This third time, I have two sets of marines and an "extra ship", which doesnt look at all like a ship, it looks like the Centaurus settlers should (with the air helmet on) but it only floats on the ocean and wont Unload or anything (although you can load the marines onto it)... there is no first ship, so whats up with this being an "extra" one?

And where is the SETTLER, so that I can start a city on Centaurus and try to get the marines there before its attacked???

Is there something wrong with my game, or is there a patch, or did I goof up on building the ship, or WHAT?? HELP!!!

(You may answer to this forum, or you may email me at KorovaMilkbar@pyramid.net thanks!)
    "he's got a ralll purty mouth, aint he?"

There is a patch here on Apolyton. You need that to get it to work right. Also, you don't necesarily NEED a city on Centauris. You only need that to destroy the Aliens. You can easily win the game through research by getting Transcendence first and only having cities on Earth.

You can get that patch here

Comment

By the by, not sure if it is related, but I have noticed (and corrected in my ExtendedOriginal Modpacks) a seeming coding error in the Events.txt file of the ExtendedOriginal game.

When a player gets to AC, Units are created according to certain x & y co-ordinates. If the first x & y co-ord in the set of ten alternatives is ocean or occupied, the events systems tries to plonk the unit down at the next alternate location, and so on until a valid x & y position is found.

However I notice that some of the location numbers, which should always be "odd, odd" or "even, even" , are sometimes "even, odd" or "odd, even" in the events.txt.

This was enough in the FW game to cause units thus created to go into a weird alternate dimension, and maybe in ToT it cause the Events processor to throw up its virtual hands and give up.

Your problem may not be caused by or related to this, but... just a thought.

Comment

Working...
      X