Huge Letdown at end....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge Letdown at end....

I was recently playing my first Extended game in TOT, because I wanted to see what happens when you land on Centaurus. I was expecting a advanced civilization with some new graphics. What I got when I arrived was a 7th civ, renamed Gazpichi with Muhatma Ghandi as their leader. COME ON! Couldn't the makers have at least created a new leader graphic and some new city icons! That takes less then a few hours to change in Civ2, I know, because I've done it. In addition to that, the Gazpichi spoke just like human beings and diplomacy was exactly the same, (although I expected that). Well, just felt like expressing my anger.
    I didn't know it was a Penis when I bought it.

They could only push the game engine so far... Remember, this product is over four years old. Even DooM didn't have a lifespan that long.

Try the Midgard game, it's much more satisfying.

Comment

Ahem, the reason you could actually understand the Gazpichi was the fact that you had the advance needed to understand them. You, if you were the first to reach Centaurus, got an advance called 'Ultrastring Theory', am I correct? Well, that allows you to communicate with the aliens. Oh, and another thing, be careful about those Gazpichi, they're a warmongering AI that has been developing since the year 4000 BC without interuption or other civs to stop them.
      Now, the aliens also can get units you can't build yourself, but that is also the same for them. Oh, and I would like to tell you that not all aliens are going to be super intelligent veings who are fifty times more advanced than you. Also, the reason they had the same city icons is probably because that the design for buildings on earth is a very easy way to build, and, most likely, cheaper than some super advanced looking one. You can change it, if you want.

------------------
      Civmew2, a Civingpsy Pokemon. It plays, comments, and even writes about the civilization games. It is known for extensive AI beating.

Comment

JDI -

Try playing the Extended game as the Aliens, I tried that before and I thought it was pretty fun. It really pushes you to depend on yourself. I started a thread on it before. If you feel like reading it, it's here.

------------------
        SandMonkey

"Shut up brain or I'll stab you with a qtip"
        -Homer Simpson

"Ecky ecky ecky!"
        "It's just a flesh wound!"
        - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Check out my 1602 A.D. site

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by JDI_Falcon on 08-02-2000 04:02 PM
          What I got when I arrived was a 7th civ, renamed Gazpichi with Muhatma Ghandi as their leader.

I Don't know what went wrong. The game should use these names:
          Gazpichi: Pichi, Marendi.
          Brr'til: Lorath, Fanroff
          Treg: Mux, Fute.
          They should bear alien titles as well.
          Check that you have the latest patch installed.

------------------
          Hasdrubal's Home.
          Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.
          Hasdrubal's Home.
          Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.

Comment

I thought he meant he got the picture of Ghandi when the emmisary came to him.

Comment

That is what I meant, I did get some alien name.

In response to that city icon thing. I doubt A civilization thousands of millions of miles a way would have the same architecture as we would. As for the expenses thing, I don't think that would be a problem for a planet of one civilization, and from materials that could be thousands of times cheaper to make then steel or something. You have to think about how different another planet can be from our own. Everything that we hold as fact could be completely different on another planet trillions of miles away. They didn't use their imagination at all.
              Oh, I wasn't asking them to change the engine, just some graphics. I still agree with myself.

------------------
              "I didn't know it was a Penis when I bought it."--Andrew Crisco, purchasing a pipe.
              [This message has been edited by JDI_Falcon (edited August 03, 2000).]
              I didn't know it was a Penis when I bought it.

Comment

Working...
              X