Problems with TOT Scenarios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with TOT Scenarios

I get this wierd bug whenever I try to play a non-Microprose scenario for TOT. Every time I have tried, I get an error message telling me that the scenario is in an "obsolete format". I tried several different scenarios, so I doubt its the scenario's fault. Can anyone help me?
    *grumbles about work*

Shadowstrike,

Apol's if you've addressed this in another thread - but have you installed the ToT patch (Vers 1.1)? Not that I've ever seen this problem pop-up, myself, but it could be the reason if you haven't(?). The patch is downloadable from Apolyton's Civ2 main page.

Comment

Are they scenario's specifically made for ToT? Because isn;t there some converter that you need to play the older civ2 scenario's?

------------------
      SandMonkey

"Shut up brain or I'll stab you with a qtip"
      -Homer Simpson

"Ecky ecky ecky!"
      "It's just a flesh wound!"
      - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Check out my 1602 A.D. site

Comment

I've had the same problem just with normal games. I had to reinstall my operating system (Win98) to be able to play again. Hopefully there's another way.

Comment

There is a CivConverter that will convert original Civ scenarios to TOT scenarios. It can be found on the Apolyton Civ II download database.

I have tried converting several scenarios with this so far and always get the message mentioned but then I haven't upgrade my TOT to 1.1 yet. Due to try that tonight.

If you mean other TOT scenarios then I would be interested in where you are finding them as I am not aware of a source.

Comment

Yes, I have the patch, but it doesn't do anything helpful. In fact, it's ruined most of my saved games by making "event" technologies researchable (oh, that irritating bug) I have the TOT converter, but I got my scenarios from the Cradle of Civilization, where they only have TOT scenarios.
            *grumbles about work*

Comment

Will I be forever condemned to be unable to play TOT scenarios????
              *grumbles about work*

Comment

Working...
              X