Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(John) or anyone, What happens when the AI opens a goody hut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (John) or anyone, What happens when the AI opens a goody hut?

What happens when the AI opens a goody hut?
    I have a sneaky suspicion that the AI does not get barbarians out of a hut, or at least nt a lot of bars. What DO they get? Has anyone tried to find out?

(I would find out by setting up situations where a hut is right next to an Ai unit, and then checking before and after many times to see what they got. Maybe John can just tell us?)
    -toby

------------------
    toby robison
    criticalpaths@mindspring.com
    toby robison

As far as I know, the AI uses the exact same piece of code to determine what comes out of a hut that the player does, but I'll double-check with the programmers.

Comment

I've been experimenting. When a hut gave me a whole bunch of barbs, I reloaded the game, created an AI unit right next to the hut and let it open the hut about ten times. It never got more than one barb.

This is not enough testing, but I'm wondering if the AI ever gets more than one barb.

- toby

------------------
      toby robison
      toby robison

Comment

That is suspicious (but we all know that the "random number generator" in all Civ games is less than random--by a long shot).

The programmers weren't sure, because that's a part of the Civ II code we didn't mess with for ToT. They said they'd look into it if they get some spare time, but programmers around here never get any spare time that I've noticed.

Comment

They don't get free time? You mean that they are NOT LAZY??!!
          Test of Time
          Buy it now!

Comment

Working...
          X