Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New ToT Earth, Sea, Air , Orbit Scenario.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ToT Earth, Sea, Air , Orbit Scenario.

Scenario offers - 4 Maps, 4 Worlds - Earth (Surface), Undersea, Stratosphere & Orbit, with the first 3 in synch in order to attempt create a 3-D effect.

Scenarios are "Random-Start" in an attempt to increase the variety of replay.
    Two Random Start Scenarios included - Large World (75 by 120) and Medium World (60 by 90)

Jet Fighter & Bomber and Stealth Fighter & Bomber can travel between Surface and Stratosphere.
    (Ordinary Zeppelins, Biplanes, Fighters and Bombers cannot)

4 Different kinds of Submersible can travel between Sea Surface and Undersea (incl Sea-Mines)
    Each has different characteristics.

Shuttle can travel through Stratosphere to Orbit, ferrying certain units with it.

Spacecraft for Alpha C. can only be built once orbit is reached.

Based on "UNIT-MANIA" Mod-pack.

See http://www.users.bigpond.com/kestrel18 to download and try it out.

Enjoy.

Scenario has now been updated with minor tweaking to improve game-play.

Has anyone tried it out yet ?

Constructive Criticism & Feed-back welcome.

Comment

This modpack/scenario has now been revised and updated and is available, as before, at :
      http://www.users.bigpond.com/kestrel18/

Comment

I'll give it a shot with comments later on.

Comment

Wow... Pretty good. This mod/scenario really increases the value of subs, or at least, gives it the abilities it always should've had (to evade surface ships). Overall, I like it very much and will use it in place of regular TOT.

You're ummm.... game.txt was kinda' well... unnecessary and I will be switching back to the original.

I like the idea of moving railways further down the tech tree as it did make the game MUCH too easy. I know you increased movement allowance to compensate but it seems to ruin the balance somewhat. Giving the knight a movement of 3 seems somewhat extreme. I recommend players change that value of that unit, at least, to two. I dunno, say the armour weighs the horse down. I think allowing a unit with that kind of mobility that early in the game would allow many of the players to wipe out the AI civs much too quickly.

I still haven't played it to the end and I'll give further comments later on.

Comment

SixArmedMan,

Thanks very much for the feedback.

Yes, I take your point regarding Knights (& Crusaders as well I would assume).

I could easily knock out a version where "Horsemen" are still Movement of 3 and only expire with Dragoons like Knights (Move 2) & Crusaders (Move 2) do. (It seems reasonable that a Country could have at the same time Lightly Armed horsemen that would travel faster / further than Heavily Armed mounted troops.)

True, the Game.txt is probably unnecessary, it's just that I have an affection for Monty Python style humour. That can be deleted with impunity.

Thanks again.

Comment

Minor update (Scenario Version 3.4) is now available.

Changes made as a result of user feedback.

Comment

every time I try to download the file from your site it always stuffs up and gives me an invalid .zip file.

Comment

Dracon,

I have again tested the zip on my web-site & it appears to be O.K. (I downloaded it from the Web-Site to another location & was able to open & read it.)

It may be that your line is noisy & you are getting into strife as a result.

Would you like me to attempt to mail it to you direct ? Let me know via this forum or via E-Mail.

Regards, Kestrel18@bigpond.com

Comment

Working...
                  X