Need advice for fantasy game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

But it is quite common for a boat to lose its native transport ability if it is carrying a unit that cannot go with it; what is the difference here?

Clearly, it is the air units. In standard Civ II, carriers and and subs had no 'carry limit', even though there is evidence that no vessel was ever supposed to carry more than eight. I'm running an extended TOT game right now, started after the patch, and found that my carriers, again, have no limit. This in spite of the fact that the chart show a limit of eight, and RULES.TXT has '8' in the proper location.

From this, I'd say that the game never checks air units in any way. Perhaps this bug was way down on the list, and the TOT people simply ran out of time...
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

That's weird... I was just reading the strategy guide today in the stores and it specifically said that dragon lore was neither tradable nor stealable. Now, I entirely agree that it should be obtained by other means than just killing the dragons but it seems the developers intended otherwise. So, it must be a bug, though not necessarily a bad one...

Comment

Well, if it's a bug, it should be an easily fixed one; the 'accessability' of Dragon Lore, as all techs, is controlled by the RULES.TXT file for that game.

I think its more likely that the strategy guide writers weren't as sharp as they should have been.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by The Mad Monk on 05-04-2000 12:37 PM
          I've never bribed a merfolk kraken--in fact, I don't think I've ever seen a merfolk kraken.

A late reply : try playing Buteos ... (and miscalculate your invasion plans)

Comment

Working...
          X