ToT and Win2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ToT and Win2000

I just posted a similar question in the CtP forums, but it bears repeating here because I'm just getting into ToT: I'm going to have to switch OS from Win 98 SE to Win 2000, and am wondering if anyone has experienced problems playing ToT under Win 2000? According to the Win2k/NT Compatible website, ToT works under both operating systems. Rather than rely on that info, though, I'm asking my fellow civers for their testimonials. So, any stories about the ability or inability to get ToT to run under Win 2000 would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks for the info buddy. I appreciate it.

Comment

Well, just for you I booted out of Win98 and into Win2000. I installed into a new directory and ran the game. It wouldn't load my old games...

Of course not, because no patch. So I DL'ed the 1.1 patch and ran it. No problems to report. Everything seemed to work...

Venger

Comment

Win 2000 plays civ2 very well, and adds a small feature -- when I play the fantasy game, whenever I want to load my save file (even right after starting), civ2 goes to the fantasy directory by itself, I do not have to move there from the parent directory.

- toby

------------------
        toby robison
        criticalpaths@mindspring.com
        toby robison

Comment

After playing some more under w2k, I decided that there are more redrawing problems than there are with ToT and win 98. The most extreme problem: a crag wolf appeared on every single square of the main map with no units (ocean and all); the excess wolves disappeared after I moved a few units.

It's also more likely in w2k that when you destroy a city, its name will remain onscreen tho the city is gone.

- toby

------------------
          toby robison
          toby robison

Comment

Working...
          X