Bug??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug??

During testing the tech paradigm I noticed that my modified rules.txt was somehow causing the normal "upgrade" of units being built to stop at Musketeer. For some reason, it will keep building musketeers even though I have all techs, never upgrading to Riflemen (which I've renamed Infantry).

I changed Infantry back to Riflemen, no change. Anyone else encounter this? I restored all files to normal and ran a test, sure enough it works with the unmodified rules.txt.

Any thoughts???

Venger
    P.S. I didn't change any earlier techs - Musketeers still expire with Conscription...

That does sound very odd.

The rule that applies in this situation is that the AI will choose to build the unit with the highest Attack/Defence numbers of the same role (in this case role 1 - defence).

Given that is the A/D number for Infantry higher than that of the Musketeer?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by William Keenan on 04-30-2000 04:35 AM
      That does sound very odd.

The rule that applies in this situation is that the AI will choose to build the unit with the highest Attack/Defence numbers of the same role (in this case role 1 - defence).

Given that is the A/D number for Infantry higher than that of the Musketeer?

Ah yes...you have nailed it on the head my man...in this case the key is the role...

I have converted Alpine Troops to Light Infantry 4a,5d 2,1 with a role of 1 (defend). I converted Riflemen to infantry 5a,4d 2,1 with a role of 0 (attack). Strangely, the computer will not roll to Light Infantry. Wierd.

Here's are the lines in full:

Light Infantry,nil,0, 1.,0, 4a,5d, 2h,1f, 5,0, 1, Tac, 000000000000000
      Infantry, nil, 0, 1.,0, 5a,4d, 2h,1f, 4,0, 0, Csc, 000001000000000

If I change infantry back to 1, it works. But...I'd rather it treat Infantry and Light Infantry different.

I guess I can change it back to 1. It's not like the computer had a problem building Alpine Units...

Nice call there on the role...

Venger

Comment

Working...
      X