midgard - tunnels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• midgard - tunnels

I'm playing Midgard for the first time and there's all these goblin tunnels around that lets them sneak in and attack. I can destroy the tunnels easily enough but can I use them to attack the goblins back? If not, are sorcerors and other flying units the only recourse for moving to the underworld realm?

The best way to learn which units can go to other maps is to learn to read the rules.txt file, looking at the @units_advanced table.

I prefer to learn which tunnels the goblins areusing and then kiil units as they come out. If you block tunnels, they will just sneak off elsewhere.

- toby
    toby robison
    criticalpaths@mindspring.com

Comment

thanks Tobyr, but I was wondering if any units could move through tunnels. Units that should be capable of living underground like heroes and jack o'lanterns didn't seem to be able to transfer to the underground plane through the tunnels which didn't make much sense to me. Can I use the tunnels with such forces?

Neogeo

Comment

You can also check the poster that came with the game to see which world a unit can exist on. One draw back of the interface with the civilopedia is that it does not tell you which worlds a unit can operate in.

I have played Humans, Infidels, and Elves and it seems that most infantry units can operate underground.

Dr. Jones
        Dr. Jones

Finagle's Law - The perversity of the universe tends toward a maximum.

Comment

Units that have any of the followoing low order bits set to one in value E of the @UNITS_ADVANCED table can use tunnels between the surface and the underground:

If you are playing humans, I think your settlers, warriors, housecarl AND Jack o'lantern can, for starters. Use the 'n' command to move them. They will not be able to get through if the other end of the tunnel is blocked by an AI unit.

Units that have these bits set in the F value do not even need a tunnel.

- toby

toby robison
          criticalpaths@mindspring.com

Comment

Working...
          X