ToT Event bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ToT Event bugs

Through personal experience I've found some ToT event bugs. Please post here, or refer me to a previous thread, where people have experienced bugs in the TOT macro events. Since I know Microprose doesn't give a **** about our complaints (except John P) and won't fix the bugs for us, I just wanna be forewarned before I start making another event file as to which commands to avoid.

1) I can't get the delay modifier to work. I've asked for help and have gotten nothing.

2) I'm not really sure about the randomize modifier working well either.

3) Turn interval. I know that it didn't work for FW or MGE, but does anyone know if it was fixed in ToT?

4) Enable technology. I tried this one and either it doesn't work, or I messed up somehow.

And just out of curiosity, can anyone tell me about their experiences with flags? I've gotten the hang of them and use them a bit, but I'm wondering about other people.

Archangel,

I don't know if it's good or bad news, but I haven't had problem with 'delay'. Perhaps it's the way you've set out the syntax? Have you run @Debug?

Randomised locations for 'createunit' for me also worked without a hitch.

As for enable technology - I have had my 'ups and downs' with Civilize2-Leaders2, and would suggest that if you continue to push ahead with different approaches and nothing seems to work, you might have to rely on the good old way of creating separated technology trees.

I have used flags - thanks again to William Keenan here, who was the main author of our Design Tip ( civ.cx/guides/flags_intro_v1.htm or sleague.apolyton.net/Guides/sldt_tot_flagsintro.shtml )- and found them very useful indeed. The only problems I struck with them and masks were my own errors in putting down the wrong binary code!

One thing I tended to do was copy and paste events from Midgard's and Time Threat Paradox's events file, and then make the appropriate custom amendments, just to ensure I got the syntax right.

Comment

I guess I'll have to use the old version of creating seperate tech trees. I wish the enable technology action would work because it makes everything more compact and I don't have to mess around with the tech tree.

Yes I've used the @DEBUG and no matter what I do, the delay modifier won't work for me.
      Cam, have you finished your scenario? Would you be able to send it to me so I can see how you properly use the delay modifier?

What about turn intervals? Does that trigger function properly under ToT?

Comment

Archangel, please post the events statements that you are having trouble with.

Comment

One of the events that uses the 'delay' feature from my 'India Training Drill' scenario at civ.cx in the 'Babylon' section...

@IF
          Citytaken
          city=Agra
          attacker=Burmese
          defender=Indians
          @THEN
          DELAY
          delay=2
          JUSTONCE
          TEXT
          ^^Advice : City Sites (Cntd.)
          ^
          Later in the game, once you have Engineers, you may terraform your city site so that it is located on hills (rather than say grassland or plains). This will give your city's units a +100% defence bonus - but you will need to have some surplus food to compensate.
          ENDTEXT
          @ENDIF

I did not attempt to use the turn interval feature.

Comment

Did you initialize your flags?

Comment

trying to remember about delay. It does work but when first attempted had the same problem. The delay example above looks right. Might try a different unit, re-check the locations if its a new unit created. Check for proper spelling.
              Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

trying to remember about delay. It does work but when first attempted had the same problem. The delay example above looks right. Might try a different unit, re-check the locations if its a new unit created. Check for proper spelling.

Or check my example scenario under my Caesar scenario at my website.
                Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

Working...
                X