TOBYR -- A Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOBYR -- A Question

Toby, thanks for your helpful suggestion in reply to my previous query ("HELP! Can't play ToT online..."). You talk there about "eliminating" other programs, TSR's etc., before starting ToT: But do you mean removing them from my setup altogether before restarting Windows? 'Cos I've tried closing down all other programs & TSR's before loading ToT, and that hasn't helped.

Having to remove useful programs altogether (if that's what you mean) seems rather a high price to pay for a single multiplayer game (since they'd all have to be replaced/reinstalled again afterwards...)

My machine has 64Mb of RAM. I MUCH appreciate your help!
    Ilkuul

Every time you win, remember: "The first shall be last".
    Every time you lose, remember: "The last shall be first".

There tends to be a lot of software that starts up with windows. If you can eliminate some of it and your problem goes away, then either you are starting too much or you've simply found the program that is creating an incompatibility. It is definitely worth trying to start up windows with less runnning (but make sure you know what you are eliminating), to troubleshoot the problem.

I'm not asking to to uninstall anything, just to see whether the automatically started programs are giving you trouble.

I do not remember what your specific problem was, but the other thing to look at is usually whether you need a more recent video driver.

-toby

------------------
    toby robison
    criticalpaths@mindspring.com
    toby robison
    criticalpaths@mindspring.com

Comment

Working...
    X