Not Exactly Goodbye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Exactly Goodbye

Hi, everyone. I'm leaving MicroProse (Hasbro...whatever) soon, and since you've been so nice to me all these months, I thought it would be wrong not to let you all know. My last day here is April 14th.

Before the speculation and questions start flying, let me tell you that I don't yet know what I'll be doing next. I have some hopes and ideas, but no firm plans.

This doesn't mean that I won't be hanging around and posting, but I probably will come by less often.

It must be time to write the great American novel, eh?

Comment

Thank you for what you've done for the Civ community, John. Not only your contribution here, advising us on ToT, but your ongoing contribution to the development of Civ2 as a whole. I took out my old manuals from Conflicts in Civ, Fantastic Worlds and MGE, and your name was increasingly prominent in each of them. You and your colleagues took a great little game and coaxed a multitude of new features out of it, increasing it's longevity and fascination far beyond anyone's expectations. This game has given me thousands (millions?) of hours of enjoyment so far.

Thank you, and good luck with whatever the future might hold. I hope for our sake it includes strategy games.
      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

:sniff:

Without getting mushy and OTT just wanted to say thanks for all the times you replied on threads where I asked for help.

Wishing you the best for the future.

Comment

John,
          Your unflagging helpfulness and friendly writing will be greatly missed. I'm glad I got involved in Civ, in time to benefit from your help.

- toby

------------------
          toby robison
          criticalpaths@mindspring.com
          toby robison
          criticalpaths@mindspring.com

Comment

John, your contribution to the Civ community has been immense, and warmly appreciated by all of us in these forums.

Sincere best wishes for the future !

Comment

Joining the Civ3 development team heh?
              Alexandre Madeira
              I create worlds. :)

Comment

Congrats and Best Wishes!

Thanks for all of your hard work and dedication to making Civ related products better, we all appreciate it. No matter where you end up, stop by and let us know what you are up to. We wish you all the best!

I hope you aren't moving over to your Tiger unit to lead the roll out of Poo-Chi, the interactive puppy.

---------
                p.s. I am keeping my HAS stock for now.
                Be the bid!

Comment

On behalf of Apolyton, thank you for your many contributions to the Civilization community, John.

Best of luck in future endeavours!

----------------
                  Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

John, I wish you the very best, for whatever you'll do in the future !

Thank you very much for your communications !
                    I hope we'll hear more from or about you soon !

CyberShy

------------------
                    ghen: I still don't know your viewpoints though Quite a confusing individual..
                    CyberShy: Read Here

Ghen: Obsurdly complex discussions are fun
                    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Best of luck... did I see someone posting Civ3???
                      To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

Once again, thanks for all the help!

Comment

Thanks, everyone. I enjoyed the discussions here, and the diverse, civilized (oops) mix of people. I'll be sure to drop by to let you know what I'm up to.

Comment

Working...
                          X