Problems downloading 1.1 patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems downloading 1.1 patch

Actually, it's the secondary file I'm having problems with from the Apolyton download site. When I click on 'download secondary file' I get the 'Page not found' error. What gives? Is there no longer a secondary file, or what?

On a side note, I've downloaded the sharpened units.bmp for the original/extended game because of the problems I've heard with blurriness. Should I stick with this solution, or also download the lightened terrain as well? After all, the harpened units won't help for the science fiction or fantasy scenarios.

Enlighten me, ToT gurus.

Hey ajbera.

To answer your first question, we do not have any 'Secondary Download' sites listed in our database to the best of my knowledge. If we do, in fact, they should certainly be operational. If you could send me the URL (address) of the page(s) that you are finding this broken URL link on, I'll look into correcting it ASAP.

----------------
    Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

Hi Dan. Thanks for the prompt response.
      It's the 1.1 ToT English patch in your Downloads section. The hyperlink for the primary file is:
      http://aployton.net/cgi-bin/civ2file...load.pl?id=334

The 'download secondary file' link is highlighted, and the address is:
      http://aployton.net/cgi-bin/civ2file...oad2.pl?id=334

But I get the 'page not found' error as I stated earlier. It may be that there is no secondary file and the link is a screw-up, but I just want to be certain before loading the game and applying the patch.

Thanks again, and keep up the outstanding work.

Comment

Hi again, and you're welcome for the quick response.

All of the files in our CivII database have a link to a secondary file location, as this is an automated portion of our database script, but not all actually point to a particular file. Underneath this menu you will see the text "The Secondary File almost always contains sound files", but this is not the case with the patch files. If you want to download the patch, concentrate -- for lack of a better word -- on the primary download link.

----------------
        Dan; Apolyton CS
        [This message has been edited by DanQ (edited April 03, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
        X