My First Civ Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Civ Experience

Just a few days ago I played my first game of Civilization. It was Test of Time. I have played plenty of Alpha Centauri and Alien Crossfire. But my experience with ToT was horrible. It had inferior graphics. But it had an interesting mix of civilizations. I played the Aztecs the first time.

Anyone remember their first game?

The first time I played civ, it was Civ1 and I played it at work. Those were the good old days; come to work play Civ, oh look its time for lunch, come back from lunch and play Civ until it was time to go home. Yes, those were the days.

------------------
    "Life, which you so nobly serve, comes from disorder, destruction, and chaos."
    Thousands of monkeys are creating havoc in the corridors of power, barging into government offices, stealing food, threatening bureaucrats, and even ripping apart valuable documents.

Hey! That dried vomit under the couch looks like a horny toad.

Comment

I will agree with you that the graphics in the Civ games are pretty bad but once you get over that it is a really cool game. You know that is the only game I've never gotten tired of. Most games I'll play for a couple months or so and then I'll get bored with them. I've been play civ for 3YEARS and it still feels like its new every time I play it. So stick with it man.

Comment

I share the "FREAK OUT" Bearcat. I just got TOT a few hours ago. I have been playing SMAC & Call to Power only for a little while now and I was very upset by the TOT crap graphics.
        Man!! this is a 1999 game is it not.

HAVE I DONE THE RIGHT THING???
        Oh well, I suppose game play is the main thing when it comes to strat games. I think I better go play some CTP now before I start to cry.

Comment

Working...
        X