Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flat Earth and silly globe (a very minor ToT bug)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flat Earth and silly globe (a very minor ToT bug)

John, please pass a tip to the civ3 design team:

When you choose the "flat earth" option, you still get a revolving globe map! This is really silly, THERE IS NO GLOBE in a flat earth game.

In addition to being silly, it's also uninformative. The main reason for choosing "flat earth" (I think ) is that it is easier, during the game, to visualize the map. The rotating globe conceals the position of those useful flat earth borders.

- Toby

------------------
    toby robison
    criticalpaths@mindspring.com
    toby robison

just click on the thing and it turns into a flat map

Comment

Eddie,
      I always click on it to get the flat map, because that way I get the handy buttons to switch among the four maps. I want the flat picture as the default, and it ought to be the default for the flat map option!

- toby

------------------
      toby robison
      toby robison

Comment

it's not a really big deal.

Comment

By the way Toby, Civ3 is being handled by Firaxis not Microprose, so John would have little, if any, contact with the Civ3 designers.

Firaxis does have extensive forums on the civ3 topic on their website and I believe they also read the Civ3 forum at Apolyton.

Comment

Why are you getting so upset about this flat earth thing. It's a real stupid thing to worry about. Jeeze move on.

Comment

Working...
            X