Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't get the flag unit to display (aarghh)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get the flag unit to display (aarghh)

In the fantasy game, the "flag unit" has no picture in the units.bmp file. I edited units.bmp to give it a picture, I set the SPR bit for this unit, and I removed units.gif in the test of time (parent) directory.

My flag unit is still invisible, except for its health bar. What else do I need to do in order to see it?

- toby

------------------
    toby robison
    criticalpaths@mindspring.com
    toby robison

Did you remove or rename the relevant .spr file?

Comment

I think the problem is that after I edited units.bmp, I saved it in the wrong format. What is the right format, and what programs can save it correctly? (I used PAINT in win 95)

- toby

------------------
      toby robison
      toby robison

Comment

I'm actually playing with the Flag Unit myself at the moment.

The other thing you might need to do to make your new "Flag unit" entry (#76) in Units.bmp to appear is to move the Fantasy "Static.spr" file as well as "Unit76.spr" to the Midgard scenario folder.

(Re : the Unit76 sprite, I know patch 1.1 allows you to switch the animation off, but it's possibly easier just to move the animation to where it is needed, then you can also recycle an animation from one of the other games if desired).

Comment

Kudos, Kestrel -- when I removed the static.spr file, my flag unit (edited in units.bmp) finally displayed.

But this is a terrible solution. Without static.spr, the regular game units to not switch positions to point the direction in which they are moving, which is very important info when you are managing a lot of units at once.

Does anyone know how to fiddle with the spr files?

- toby

------------------
          toby robison
          toby robison

Comment

Working...
          X