ToT Microprose chokes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ToT Microprose chokes

I don't understand how Microprose can make such an egregious gaffe with ToT's Hotseat capability. MOO2 was fantastic to play that way. Now, if I play hotseat with a buddy, diplomacy occurs offscreen that I never would have allowed, such as: the computer players suddenly making peace with and no notice appearing at the start of my turn. Not being able to talk to my buddy, because the AI is handling his diplomacy. And the worst; inadequate advanced warning as to when another empire completes a Wonder. If you have no fallback Wonder to produce, you may as well start the game over, because virtually all your production is wasted. I've downloaded the patch, and I see no noticeable improvement in gameplay. I see this version as a cheapie knockoff of the original, just so Microprose can make another buck off the name. I honestly don't know if Microprose will have me back as a customer.

That makes two of us.
    -Variety is the spice of life, but it gives me indegestion-
    "If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure." -- Dan Quayle

Comment

Well Hotseat for Civ2 has always been awful. The diplomacy is a joke between players.

My advice? Get two computers close to each other and link them with a Network or the cheaper alternative, a Serial cable.

Comment

Working...
      X