Playing as the Barbarians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing as the Barbarians

Yes. You need the old CivHack program, which was designed to make Civ2 multiplayer before MGE was released. I think it's available on Mr.Temba's old site, resurrected by Dracon.

It is a bizarre experience though. You can't research techs or control your production, and the units do not expose unexplored tiles until they have completed their movement. In my entry to the 2nd scenario contest (Earth 3000 - Archer), I included a save file which allowed the player to be the barbarians (Humani).
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

You could play a game in which you simply try to help the barbarians as much as possible. Build cities for them to occupy, help them attack other cities so they are more likely to succeed, etc.

How much could you help the barbarians while staying alive yourself?

- toby

------------------
    toby robison
    criticalpaths@mindspring.com
    toby robison
    criticalpaths@mindspring.com

Comment

Playing as the Barbarians

I was just wondering if you could play the game as the barbarians? I noticed that if you use the cheat mode, you can select no human player and then display the barbarian map. Once the turn is up, you can either place a barbarian unit in thee game using the cheat menu and you can switch production in the barbarian city. I've been able to move the barbarian units for one turn and switch the production of the cities (without the game crashing) but only for one turn, then it reverts back to no player. Anyone know if its possible to play a full game as them?
      Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

Working...
      X